If you are interested in renting a house FYI Realty has listed, review FYI Realty’s tenant selection criteria below. This will help you with information you will need to understand and provide to us. Then, download the leasing application and leasing requirements below.
Once completed you can either: Fax to 832-201-9286 Email to email@example.com or bring the hard copy to the office.
Application Fee Application fees are $50 per applicant and can be paid via credit or debit card, cashier’s check, money order or cash (delivered to the office). Click link that will direct you to PayPal.
PLEASE REVIEW BELOW TENANT SELECTION CRITERIA and APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Anyone occupying the property that is eighteen (18) years of age or older must fill out an application and submit a $50 non-refundable application fee. This form MUST be signed and submitted with the completed application before ANY processing will begin. Application fee payment must be received before we will BEGIN the verification process. We can accept payment via a credit or debit card, cashiers check, money order, or cash (delivered to our office). We THOROUGHLY verify all applications before presenting them to our clients. While each client we represent may have slightly different criteria, our normal acceptable applicant will need to meet the requirements below. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, you should contact us before submitting your application in order to discuss your particular situation:
1) Income: On most of our properties, the gross monthly income for all tenants should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
2) Employment: We require verifiable employment history for at least the past three (3) years. If you are self-employed, retired, or not employed, we can accept such documents as signed tax returns (2 years minimum), W-2’s, bank statements, paycheck stubs, etc. that provide proof of applicant’s ability to pay the rent. If military, we need a current copy of your LES.
3) Residency: We require verifiable residence history for at least three (3) years whether you currently own or rent.
4) Credit History: We will obtain a copy of your credit report. You cannot provide this to us, we will obtain this ourselves.
5) Criminal, Sex Offense, and Terrorist Database History: We will check for inclusion in these databases.
6) Occupancy: The total number of tenants and occupants may not exceed two (2) persons per bedroom.
7) Pets: Pet policies and deposits vary from home to home so please contact us to determine the pet policy for this home. Most homes are limited to the number and size of pets. None of our homes permit dog types that may have violent tendencies, including but not limited to: Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Terriers, Dobermans, Rotweilers, Chows, or any similar breed or mixed breed.
8) Applicants will be denied for the following or similar reasons: False, inaccurate, or incomplete applications; Evictions, judgments related to rental residency, tax liens, unpaid child support; current bankruptcy proceedings; felony convictions and out of prison or jail less than 5 years, multiple felonies, physical or violent crimes, domestic violence, sex offenses; and/or appearance on any sexual offense or terrorist database.
9) Applicants may be denied or required to pay additional deposit or rent for the following or similar reasons: insufficient verifiable income, excessive late or NSF rent payments, broken leases, property damages, unpaid rent, mortgage not current, foreclosures, credit scores under 550 or no credit score, excessive credit collection balances, slow pays, drug related offenses, etc.
10) Each Applicant will be REQUIRED to provide two (2) copies of positive identification (at least one with a photo) such as Driver’s License, Social Security card, etc. with each application.
ACCEPTANCE AND MOVE-IN PROCEDURES
1) We can normally verify and present an application to our client for an acceptance decision within one (1) business day of receipt PROVIDING ALL VERIFICATIONS CAN BE COMPLETED and Application fees are paid.
2) Once an application has been accepted, the Applicant has until 5:00 P.M. the following BUSINESS day to deliver the deposit to the office (if not already done). The deposit must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money orders made payable to FYI Realty or new landlord (name will be provided). We do not accept cash for deposit or first month’s rent. During this time, we will not remove the Property from the market; however, we will not process any further applications or present any other offers.
3) Approved applicant(s) will be asked to come to the office for a “formal” lease signing or this can be emailed to you for digital signatures. A FYI Realty agent will contact you to set up a time or notify you of emailed lease. We will type the lease, and have a short meeting with you for final signatures and explanations of our procedures, etc. either in person or phone. You have read and fully understand the above tenant application, selection criteria, & requirements. Remember to print, sign and provide the documents requested above.