THE HOUSTON ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® AND CITY OF HOUSTON RELEASE REVOLUTIONARY NEW MOBILE APP
Free Houston Living app provides instant access to information about elected city officials, city services and amenities, local events, neighborhood associations and more
HOUSTON — (October 2, 2013) — The leading resource for Houston-area real estate, the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR), and the City of Houston today jointly released Houston Living, a revolutionary new mobile app designed to give consumers instant access to information about city government, local amenities and events, real estate and more.
Houston Living is a free app that provides GPS location-based government information, including:
• App users’ local elected official bios, websites and social media outlets;
• Nearby neighborhood organizations, associations or civic clubs to encourage homeowner civic involvement;
• Nearby real estate, including homes available for sale and market analysis of recent sales (via a link to HAR.com);
• Nearby city services and amenities, including public transportation options, parks and trails, public safety substations and library locations/hours;
• City news headlines and calendar of events;
• Social media communication from both the City of Houston and HAR.
“This is an example of public/private collaboration at its very best,” said Mayor Annise Parker. “More people are moving to Houston than any other city in the nation. They need quick and easy access to real estate resources as well as general information about the city. This app meets the needs of our new residents while being equally valuable to those who’ve called Houston home for some time.”
Houston Living is available for free download at the Apple App Store/iTunes and soon will be downloadable from the Android Market.
Founded in 1918, the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR) is a 24,000-member organization of real estate professionals engaged in every aspect of the industry, including residential and commercial sales and leasing, appraisal, property management and counseling. It is the largest individual dues-paying membership trade association in Houston as well as the second largest local association/board of REALTORS® in the United States.