HAR.COM LAUNCHES ANDROID APP TO CONNECT CONSUMERS AND REALTORS®
Houston Association of REALTORS® introduces its property search application to Android devices
HOUSTON — (September 28, 2011) — After receiving countless accolades for its free HAR.com iPhone app, the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR) has launched an app for Android-powered mobile devices. As with the iPhone, the application extends the wide range of innovative features that are available on the Association’s popular HAR.com website to the palm of the Android user’s hand.
“Almost from the moment we introduced the iPhone app last year, consumers and HAR members alike began inundating us with requests to make the app available for Android devices,” said HAR Chairman Carlos P. Bujosa. “The HAR technology team immediately set out to develop the new app, and after successfully beta-testing it, we now invite Android users to download it for free from the Android Market and begin their mobile property search experience today.”
The HAR.com Android app allows both consumers and HAR members to search for homes for sale or lease anywhere throughout greater Houston area. Consumers can use the award-winning residential property search engine to find a home, bookmark listings and view their property search history. HAR members who subscribe to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)—the database for property listings—will be able to access MLS data, their leads, listings and their brokerages’ listing inventory.
The 2010 launch of the iPhone application represented the first time an MLS provided access to a portable device. This was a significant boon to REALTORS®, as it enabled them to quickly and easily access property data while on the go.
Specific HAR Android app features for consumers and HAR members include:
• Award-winning residential property search engine to find homes for sale or lease in the greater Houston area.
• Wide range of search filters such as by proximity, price, square footage and more.
• Map automatically refreshes to display listings when you pan/move across the map
• MLS listing information is updated every 15 minutes.
• Most comprehensive listing details include price, room dimensions, interior and exterior features, open house schedule and more.
• Easily slide through a photo gallery for each listing (includes up to 16 photos).
• Enhanced Google mapping with Street View.
• Bookmark your favorite listings.
• View a history of your searches.
• Easily contact the listing agent or broker.
The application also features a consumer feedback button as part of HAR’s commitment to provide tools and services that best serve consumer needs.
More than 200,000 consumers are currently registered through HAR.com to receive updates about active property listings that are of interest to them. More than 1.2 million consumers rely on HAR.com for Houston-area real estate information and account for 1.5 billion hits each month to the website.
To download the new HAR.com Android app, visit the Android Market and search for “HAR.com.”
Founded in 1918, the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR) is a 24,000-member organization of real estate professionals engaged in every aspect of the industry, including residential and commercial sales and leasing, appraisal, property management and counseling. It is the largest individual dues-paying membership trade association in Houston as well as the second largest local association/board of REALTORS® in the United States.