JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THE HOME SELLING/BUYING FRENZY HAD ENDED......
We all thought it wouldn't last! After all Houston's real estate market has not seen this kind of activity since 2006 (per HAR). Home prices continue to rise and inventory continues to shrink creating the best opportunity in years for home owners to sell with a maximum return on their investment. As a REALTOR specializing in Houston's Inner Loop neighborhoods I commonly see listings receive multiple offers and many times before the pictures are even uploaded onto the MLS site.
With all of this surge in activity, bidding wars and limited inventory the temptation for many sellers is to take the marketing/preparation of their home for granted. This is a HUGE mistake! The work must still be done.
Sellers should always understand that location is paramount. If you live in an area that's in demand there will always be buyers. However, in order to secure the highest sale price in the least amount of time with the potential for multiple offers I would like to suggest the following:
1. Do Not Overprice Your Home! In the past if a home was on the market for 2 to 3 weeks it was not a big deal. Now with many homes going under contract in the first 24 to 48 hours those 2-3 weeks will look like eternity to a buyer.
2. Open Houses can still be an effective tool, don't forget the basics. Effective, quality marketing could secure multiple offers and potentially over the listed price.
3. Make sure the REALTOR you choose is familiar with using the internet and social networks to create an on-line interest in your home. According to recent studies an est. 80% of all home buyers previewed the home they purchased on the internet.
4. Clean the interior, remove all clutter and have the home professionally cleaned. Buyers will be less likely to want to compete with other buyers if your home feels dirty and not well maintained.
5. Create a reason for the buyer to get out of the car with appealing curb appeal and exterior. Buyers know there is limited inventory and that they may be paying over the list price so they are going to be picky.
If you would like to learn more about my marketing strategies and how I can assist you with the home selling process please contact me at 713-822-8555 or Pamela@SellingHomesInHouston.com.
Whether you are considering selling or purchasing a home you should always use the services of a full-time, professional Realtor. As your real estate professional I am able to answer your questions about the home selling and buying process. I would love to be your Realtor!
Pamela Efferson, Broker Associate – Realtor
ASR, CSR, GRI, HRC, SRES
Member HAR, NAR, TAR, WCR
PAMELA EFFERSON PROPERTIES
Keller Williams Metropolitan
Phone: (713) 822-8555
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it with others.