Do Yo Have What It Takes to be a Realtor?

A sales agent is a person who is licensed by the Real Estate Commission to act as an agent on behalf of a real estate broker and their clients. A sales agent must be sponsored by a licensed Broker in order to perform any act of real estate services.

Qualifications: 1) Citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted alien 2) 18 years of age or older  3) Resident of Texas ·       

Meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity. Consider requesting a Moral Character Determination before applying for the license File Your Application Apply Online Submit your application and fee to become a Sales Agent using our Online Services. Get Your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check You are required by law to have fingerprints on file with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) so a background check can be performed. Fingerprints on file for other agencies will not be accepted. A license will not issue if the background check has not been passed. Expect a delay if you are notified of an investigation into your background history.

Complete Your Qualifying Education 180 classroom hours of the following qualifying real estate courses 1) Principles of Real Estate I (30 classroom hours) 2) Principles of Real Estate II (30 classroom hours) 3) Law of Agency (30 classroom hours) 4)Law  of Contracts (30 classroom hours) 5)      Promulgated Contract Forms (30 classroom hours) 6) Real Estate Finance (30 classroom hours)

Find a qualifying education provider. Education course completion documents must be submitted to TREC after applying online or with your paper application. Take the Exam License exams are administered by PearsonVUE, a testing service company. You will be sent a notice with instructions for scheduling the exam and obtaining a copy of the exam Candidate Handbook. If you fail the exam three times, additional education will be necessary. Find a Sponsor After meeting the above requirements, you will be issued an inactive license.

You need to be sponsored by an active Texas licensed broker to work. You can complete a sponsorship request using our online services. Once the broker has accepted your request, your active license will be issued, and you can work as a Sales Agent!