HAR iPhone App
The HAR.com iPhone app allows both consumers and HAR members to search for homes for sale or lease in the greater Houston area. Consumers will be able to use the award-winning HAR.com residential property search engine to find a home, save search, bookmark listings and view property search history. Members will be able to access MLS information (MLS subscribers only), add/edit listing, tax records, their leads, their listings, as well as access their company's listing inventory.
Features for Consumers & Members
* Award-winning HAR.com residential property search engine to find homes for sale or lease in the greater Houston area.
* Wide range of search filters such as proximity, price, square footage and more
* Map automatically refreshes to display listings when you pan/move across the map
* MLS listing information is updated every 15 minutes
* Most comprehensive listing details include price, room dimensions, interior and exterior features, open house schedule and more
* Easily slide through a photo gallery for each listing (including up to 32 photos, which is more than you may find on any other app).
* Enhanced Google mapping with Street View. read more
* View a history of your searches
* Easily contact the listing agent or broker
Features for MLS Subscribers Only
HAR MLS subscribers may log in to the password-protected member only area by using their HAR.com username and password. Members have access to their leads, their listings, and their company's listing inventory.
Detailed listing information includes:
* Complete listing details
* Days on Market
* Archive and agent full report (Listing price changes)
* Access to Tax Profile Report
* Showing instructions (if applicable)
* Tax information (including values and tax rates)
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Improvements & User Interface Changes
* Added New Filters in Refine Search
* Fixed Bugs and Improved Memory Management
* View Agent Ratings from Agent Contact screen
* View Listing Documents such as floor plan, etc. (if provided)
* View Homes Recently Sold from Home Screen â€“ new button added
* Search History Button is now relocated to My Home Finder
* Home screen has transition of background images
* Switch to Street View from Photo Gallery
* Ability to share multiple listings in one email
My Home Finder Enhancement
* Bookmarks now allow users to create folder(s)
* Organize Bookmarks into Folder(s) and Share with anyone
* Sync your Saved Searches and Bookmarks with your HAR.com account
* Add/Edit Bookmark Notes
MLS Subscriber Enhancement (must be logged in)
* Add/Edit Listings from your app.
* Use different Financial Calculators.
* View, Print & Share HAR/TAR/TREC Forms
* Search Tax Records in surrounding counties
* Share any listing (via text or email) with your clients in IDX format
* Organize Bookmarks into Folder(s) and Share with clients. Close
Watch How it Works
After months of development and testing, the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR) has launched a property search application for the iPhone that extends the power of its popular HAR.com website to the palm of one's hand.
Click here for the full press release.
HAR.com iPhone App for MLS Subscribers and Consumers
One of the most powerful current trends involving technology is the trend towards mobile computing. Using a wide range of mobile devices coupled with specialized applications, today's consumers and real estate agents will be able to access virtually every online real estate resource. To facilitate this trend for HAR members and Houston area real estate consumers, HAR has developed the strategy and programs to meet this growing demand. HAR's initial efforts will focus on Android, iPhone and Blackberry smart phones. This objective will give HAR members an edge by providing dependable and instant access to critical data in a mobile environment.
HAR has developed an app for the iPhone. Over 50 members are currently participating in a beta test of the HAR iPhone app. Our beta testers have been using the HAR iPhone app for several weeks, and we are now ready to submit our application to Apple for approval.
For MLS Subscribers Only
- Complete listing details
- Showing instructions (if applicable)
- Tax information (including values and tax rates)
- Listing price changes
Features in the App for Consumer & Members
The HAR.com iPhone app allows consumer or members to:
- Find Open Houses
- Find Homes for Sale
- Find Homes for Lease
- Login to password protected areas for consumers and members
- Get support and provide feedback
The app provides three methods of searching for properties: Quick Search, Map Search and Homes for Sale Search.
The Quick Search feature allows users to enter a zip code, address, or MLS number to search for properties.
Homes for Sale and Refined Search
The refined search allows the user to conduct a more specific search. A user can search for listings by using their current location, zip code, property type, listing price, bedrooms, bathrooms, square feet, sale or lease. Users can also select additional criteria to narrow their search even further.
The Map Search feature allows users to pan across the map to their area of interest. Once the user finds their area of interest, they can click on 'Show Listings' to view listings available in that area.
The listings that match a user's search criteria appear as green pins on a map. Users can easily switch to the 'list' view of the search results. Up to 100 records are displayed. Once a listing is selected, the user can view a quick summary of the property.
- Listing Status
- Listing Agent & Listing Broker Information
- Listing Price
- Room Dimensions
- Interior Features
- Exterior Features
- Open House Schedule
- General Description
- Photo Gallery
Tools Available from Listing Detail Page
Users have the ability to bookmark listings, contact the agent/broker, and share the listing with a friend.
When the user clicks on the 'Add Bookmark' button, they will be prompted to login or create a My Home Finder account.
When the user clicks on 'Contact Agent/Broker', they have the option to view the 'REALTOR Agent Info' or the 'REALTOR Broker Info'. The 'Contact Agent' window displays the agent's photo, the name of their company, and the agent's Client Experience Rating. In addition, the user has the ability to call the agent, view the agent's website, send an e-mail to the agent, and add the agent's contact information to their iPhone's contact list. The 'Contact Broker' window displays the company's name and logo, the office phone number and address. In addition, the user can call the broker, visit the broker's website and send an e-mail to the broker.
Users can share listings with others by e-mailing the listing or via text message.
Users can also get driving directions from their current location to the property of their interest.
MLS Subscriber and My Home Finder Login
The 'Login' portion of the app consists of a consumer access area and a MLS Subscribers only area. Consumers can login to have a more personalized search by saving searches, bookmarking properties and receiving e-mail notifications once listings are posted to HAR.com that meet their search criteria. Consumers without a My Home Finder account can sign up for the free service using the iPhone app.
Users who are logged in can bookmark listings. By clicking on 'Bookmarks' from the navigation menu, users can easily access all of their bookmarked listings.
The HAR.com iPhone app keeps a history of a user's property searches. Users can access their iPhone App search history by clicking on 'History' from the navigation menu. Users can also easily clear their search history by clicking on 'Clear' on the top right-hand corner of the 'History' page.
You will receive an e-mail from us when the HAR iPhone App is available to download in the Apple App Store. To learn more about HAR's iPhone App, click here to download the Power Point Presentation or visit http://www.har.com/iPhoneApp.